RealClearEnergy AM Update
Saturday, May 18This Week in Energy: The Natural Gas Games Begin
- James Stafford, OPEast Coast Refineries Enjoy a Crazy Comeback
- Katharine Fraser, PlattsThe Imperishable Permian Basin: Growing at 90
- Fred Lawrence, MRBillionaire Returns to the Iraqi Oil Game with New IPO
- ForbesWashington Is Outdoing California & Texas in Renewable Energy
- SlateBuilding Solar in Spain--Not Germany--Could Save Billions
- MITForget Pipelines--Canada Must Prep for a Post-Carbon World
- G&MOil-Price Manipulation: The Next Libor?
- James O'Toole, CNNMoneyThe Peak Oil Crisis: Supply Shock
- Tom Whipple, Falls Church News-PressWhat Happened to Greece's Solar Surge?
- Christopher Coats, ForbesCanada Must Rule Its Arctic Waves
- Victor Suthren, Ottawa CitizenEurope's Manufacturers Feel Squeezed
- Stephen Fidler, Wall St. JournalRound and Round the Ethanol Goes...
- Walter Russell Mead, Am. InterestAre Utilities Moving Quickly Enough to Cut Carbon Emissions?
- MENWant More RealClearEnergy? Visit
Friday, May 17Will Energy Be Obama's Lasting Legacy?
- Ken Braun, Tampa Bay TimesMore Energy Means More Jobs Mr. President
- Harry Alford, Orlando AdvObama Administration Unveils New Fracking Rules
- Ben Geman, HillA First Look at BLM's New Fracking Rule Proposal
- Mark Green, ETThe Schizophrenic Battles over NatGas in Vermont
- John Kingston, PlattsHow Realistic Is U.S. Energy Independence?
- V. Mallet, Energy CollectiveThe Death of 'Peak Oil' Is the Death of the Climate
- Bryan Walsh, TimeBP's Tony Hayward Finally Gets His Life Back
- Steve LeVine, QuartzT. Boone Pickens on Gas Exports: 'Move It Out and Sell It'
- CNBC'The Arctic 8' Set 2015 for a Climate Pact
- Andrew Restuccia, PoliticoAnother Company That Could Kill The Gasoline Engine
- StreetAuthorityElon Musk: Going All In on Tesla
- Chris Ciaccia, TheStreet.comThe Elon Musk Boom--SolarCity Surges
- James O'Toole, CNNMoneyCan Electric Cars 'Refuel' Faster Than Gas Cars?
- David Unger, CSMA 14-Year-Old Designed Safer Nuclear Power Plants
- Liz Palermo, YahooAre Big Changes Coming to Energy Tax Policy?
- Brian Scheid, Platts
Thursday, May 16North Dakota Proves Obama Doesn't Get Energy
- Thomas Pyle, RCENow Dems Love Big Oil's $$$? Come On!
- Michael Bastach, Daily Caller10 Incredible Bakken Shale Production Stats
- Matt DiLallo, Motley FoolIs the Pickens Plan on a Slippery Slope to Serfdom?
- MasterResource6 Big Challenges Confronting the Arctic Council
- D. Schwartz, CBC NewsThe Problem of Canada's "Oily Dirt"
- Randall Morck, Project SyndicateComparing Keystone Protest to Slavery Crosses the Line
- New York PostThe U.S. Oil Boom Is a Saudi Nightmare
- Yousef Gamal El-Din, CNBCGoldfish Deaths at Perry Reactor: A Stupid Prank?
- James Conca, ForbesGreen Energy Hitmen Are Killing American Eagles
- Editorial, RTObama Gives the Wind Biz a License to Kill
- Robert Bryce, National ReviewMeet The 'Inflatable Car' Inventor Suing The U.S. For $675M
Wednesday, May 15The World Energy Picture Will Never Be the Same
- Jonathan Fahey, AP4 Key Shockwaves from the IEA's Bombshell Report
- Breaking EnergyU.S. Energy Independence Is Nigh
- Daniel Dicker, TheStreet.comThe World's Not Running Out of Oil. But Europe Is
- Energy TribuneWho Wins from Rising Natural Gas Prices?
- Robert Rapier, R-SquaredShale Gas: An Energy Revolution...For Your Portfolio
- Globe and MailETFs to Play the Coming Shale Oil 'Supply Shock'
- Trang Ho, Investor'sCommodities Trading: Not for the Faint-Hearted
- Melanie Wold, PlattsWeren't High Oil Prices Supposed to Help Biofuels?
- Kevin Bullis, MITNatural Gas Exports Engulf Washington
- Amy Harder, National JournalThe Clock Ticks-Ticks-Ticks for Old Man Coal
- Neela Banerjee, LA TimesFor Insurers, Climate Change Is a Fact
- Eduardo Porter, NY TimesHarold Hamm and The WSJ Need Some Therapy
- Chris Helman, ForbesThe Long Knives Are Out for Levy Nuclear Plant
- Atomic InsightsCharles Mann Doesn't Understand Oil or Energy
- Amory Lovins, AtlanticActually I Do. We're Gonna Keep Burning Oil
- Charles Mann, Atlantic
Tuesday, May 14Today's Takeaway: RealClearEnergy's The Daily BulletinFisker: A Bump on the Road to a Green Future
- Michael Grunwald, TimeIs the 1% Going Green or Just Being Trend Hounds?
- Todd Woody, QuartzIn Defense of Tesla's Budget-Busting Price Tag
- Michael Levi, FortuneObama Lets Big Wind Do Not-So-Green Things
- Dina Cappiello, APWhy You Just May Come to Like a Carbon Tax
- Ike Brannon, R StreetOld Technology Fuels New Energy Boom
- Richard Martin, ForbesBill McKibben Exaggerates Germany's Solar Success
- Robert Wilson, ECNuclear Energy Beaten by a 'Cauldron' of Bad Luck
- Javier David, CNBCCutting Carbon Dioxide Isn't Enough
- Lawrence Krauss, SlateIs Canada's Oil Too Dirty for Europe?
- Christopher Schuetze, NY TimesSo What Does the Science Tell Us about Keystone XL?
- Breaking EnergyBuild the Damn Pipeline Already!
- Michael Economides, Energy TribuneWhy Shale Gas Is Our Only Energy Game-Changer
- Kirk Edelman, EBizFracking Ourselves to Death in Pennsylvania
- Ellen Cantarow, SalonLibya Wants to Sell Oil. Is Anyone Listening?
- Daniel Graeber, OilPrice
Monday, May 13Obama: Repeating the Same Old Mistakes
- Bob Beauprez, RealClearEnergyToday's Takeaway: RealClearEnergy's The Daily BulletinA Grim Milestone for the Planet
- Tim McDonnell and James Wedt, AtlanticWill Obama Kill American Energy Independence?
- Doug Ehrman, FoolThe Perils of Energy Technocracy
- Donald Norman, MasterResourceOne of the Nastiest Fights in Big Oil Just Got Nastier
- Steve LeVine, QzExpanding Oil & Gas Production Makes Total Sense
- Energy OutlookThe Fracking Boom Is Just Getting Started, Folks
- Matthew Daly, APCan Carbon Capture Clean Up Canada's Oil Sands?
- Mike Orcutt, MITINTERACTIVE
: How Human Activity Caused CO2 to Hit 400PPMHow Climate Scientists Are Being Framed
- Graham Readfearn, GuardianTesla: Apple on the Outside, But Google at Its Core
- Farhad Manjoo, SlateHow to Move Nuclear Energy Forward
- Llewellyn King, Nuclear TownhallGermany's Herculean Nuclear Headache
- Gerald Traufetter, Der SpiegelKewaunee: What Does the Future Hold?
- Will Davis, ANS Nuclear CafeCan Chile Harness Mighty Volcano Power?
- Marianela Jarroud, Al Jazeera
Saturday, May 11Just a Natural Gas State of Mind
- James Stafford, OilPrice.comU.S. Energy Policy Runs Through Canada
- Yadullah Hussain, Financial PostNew Energy Battle: Big Solar vs. Utilities
- Andrew Herndon, BloombergCrude Settles Lower as Demand Worries, Dollar Weigh
- ReutersOn Fracking, Shell Has a Credibilty Problem
- Eamon Ryan, Irish TimesThe Tortured Logic of Ark Rep. Tim Griffin
- Lisa Song, InsideClimateICYMI
: The Washington Examiner Loves Obama's Fracking PolicyCan Flywheels Boost Renewable Power?
- John Spears, Toronto StarHave You Ever Heard of the U.S.-Mexico TBA?
- Enegy TomorrowTackling Energy Is Pakistan's Top Issue
- Imran Ali Kundi , The NationCan Libya's Oil Recovery Survive 2013?
- Christopher Coats, ForbesThe 2013 Offshore Technology Conference (Photo Essay)
- Fuel Fix
Friday, May 10Today's Takeaway: RealClearEnergy's The Daily BulletinAmerica's New Energy Economic Boom
- Charles Morris, ReutersTechnology Leads to Abundant Energy
- Annell Bay, Fuel FixMarcellus Makes Pennsylvania Positively 'Saudi'
- Javier David, CNBCThe GOP, Predictably, Ices EPA Nominee McCarthy
- ReutersThe Coming GOP Civil War Over Climate Change
- National JournalGlobal Markets Are Hot, Hot, HOT for U.S. Coal
- Jen Alic, OilPrice.comThe Next Solar Power Boom Is Coming
- Breaking EnergyIs Cheap Natural Gas Also Killing Nuclear?
- David Unger, CS MonitorForget About Even Saying 'Peak Natural Gas'
- Robert Cutler, OilPriceThe Ever-Evolving Energy Jobs Picture
- Matthew Cohen, EnergyBizPalestinians Say There's Oil in the West Bank
- UPIOil Market: Here's Where The Smart Money's Going
- StreetAuthorityThe Economic Effects of The Bakken Shale Oil Boom
- FRB of MinneapolisHow Little-Known Judges Could Kill Obama's Climate Plans
- Grist10 Reasons Why Houston No Longer Cares About Enron
Thursday, May 9Today's Takeaway: RealClearEnergy's The Daily BulletinCNBC BREAKING NEWS
: U.S. Oil Production Nearly Even w/ ImportsSorry Al Gore, Obama's the Environment President
- Jon Chait, NY MagThe U.S. Should Export Natural Gas, Not Coal
- Editors, BloombergWhere in the World Is Oil Most Vulnerable to Attack?
- Washington PostJP Morgan: A New Type of Dirty Energy
- Jen Alic, OilPrice.comWhy Sequestration Is Great for the Environment
- Todd Woody, QuartzOh Brother
: Bill McKibben Sermonizes NYC Church on Climate IllsIs California Trying to Sell Rainforests to Big Oil?
- M. Picq, Al JazeeraBonn Climate Talks Ends With a Wet Fart
- W.R. Mead, American Interest7 Reasons China Is Destroying Us in the Carbon War
- Ramez Naam, SlateIn Defense of Carbon Dioxide
- Harrison Schmitt & William Happer, WSJPresident Obama Needs to Listen Candidate Obama on Trade
- FoundryWho Cares If Tesla Makes Cars for Rich People?
- Kevin Bullis, Tech ReviewWho Leads the Global Clean Energy Investment Race? Is It...?Big Data Putting a Stake Through Peak Oil's Heart
- Mark Mills, ForbesKleiner Perkins Has Struck Out on Clean Energy
- Randall Smith, NYTBuilding the Bridge to a Low-Carbon Pathway
- James Bradbury, WRIIs China Mining a Rare Earth Monopoly?
- Jeff Nesbit, LiveScience
Wednesday, May 8Today's Takeaway: RealClearEnergy's
: The Daily BulletinWill All This New Energy Blow Up the World?
- Dan Drezner, Foreign PolicyCoastal Govs to Obama: Let Us Drill NOW!
- Jennifer Dlouhy, Fuel FixEnvironmentalists Are Killing the Economy
- Marita Noon, RC EnergyDon't Count Your Chickens or Oil Wells Before They Hatch
- OilPriceThe World's Top 7 Coal Countries: By the #'s
- Carmel Lobello, The WeekCalifornia to Citiizens: No Shale for You--Ever!
- Todd Woody, QuartzCalifornia's Summer Power Outlook Is Tough...Or Is It?
- PlattsNo to Keystone XL? Alberta Will Just Go North to the ArcticHow Much Oil Does Mexico Really Have?
- Miroff & Booth, Washington PostWhat the Dollar Can Tell Us about the Oil Market
- Keith Schaefer, OP.comForeign Hands Grasp America's Oil Spigot
- Ellen Wald, Washington TimesA Renewable Japan Is the Future
- Nassrine Azimi, New York TimesKewaunee Nuclear Power Plant, RIP
- Matthew Wald, New York TimesA Battery-Powered Wind Turbine?
- Kevin Bullis, MIT Technology ReviewWill You Be Driving a NatGas Car in 5 Years?
- Meg Handley, US NewsWe Need Electricity! But I Hate Power Lines!
- Ken Silverstein, EnergyBizIn the Gulf, a Long History of Oil Spills & Cover-Ups
- Brentin Mock, GristRussia's Energy Bully Takes a Fall
- Alexandros Petersen, Foreign Policy