RealClearEnergy PM Update
Tuesday, October 13Large Oil Price Moves Reveal Less Than Believed
- Michael Levi, CFRThe Big Power Politics of Natural Gas
- Sarah Miller, Energy IntelligenceWatch Clinton Move Left on Energy During Debate
- Bill Murray, RCEMassachusettes Nuclear Plant to Close
- Gintautas Dumcius, MassliveThe Dilbit Hits the Fan
- Jim Robbins, PlacesOil on Boats Says a Lot About Crude's Future
- Liam Denning, BloombergSanctions, Punishment, Won't Be Part of Paris Vocabulary
- EurActivStudy Ties Water Contamination to Surface Spills, Not Fracking
- ICNPair Lifting Oil Export Ban with Clean Energy Tax Breaks
- Editorial, NYTA Shadow Price for Carbon Is Already Here
- Amy Myers Jaffe, Fuel Fix
Monday, October 12Many Oil Companies 'Virtually Abandon' Exploration
- Meyers, FuelFixThree Energy Companies Expected to See Huge Moves
- CNBC2017 Chevy Volt May Have Self-Driving Mode
- Halvorson, Popular ScienceNuclear Plays a Role in New York's Power Needs
- Syracuse.comLindsey Graham Challenges Republicans on Climate
- Climate ProgressSaudi Advisor: Oil Market Needs an Anchor
- Rania El Gamal, ReutersThe IEA Consistently Underestimates Wind and Solar. Why?
- VOXCan NY 'Waterless' Frack Escape Cuomo Rules?
- Watchdog.orgCourt Blocks Obama's Water Rule Nationwide
- Timothy Cama, The HillMalthusian Buzzkill: Why is Extreme Poverty at All-Time Low?
Friday, October 9A Kinder, Gentler OPEC?
- Jonathan Salem Baskin, ForbesTrump to UK: Your Wind Farm Spoils My View
- Watling, Energy VoiceWhat If the UK Built Its Own Thorium Reactor?
- S. Nathan, The EngineerYou Don't Have To Be Stupid To Be A Climate Scientist But...
- Breitbart7 Myths Propping Up Fossil Fuels
- Joe Confino, Huff PostObama's Disastrous Clean Power Plan
- Deroy Murdock, National ReviewBroadening the Potential of Batteries
- Morris & Fitzgerald, CleanTechnicaRebuilding Lives After Fukushima
- Euan McKirdy, CNNND Oil Town Debates Wind Farm
- Amy Dalrymple, Grand Forks HeraldObama Vows to Veto Lifting Oil Export Ban
- Dan Calabrese, Herman CainToday's Takeaway: Morning Volt: Oct. 9, 2015
Thursday, October 8US Oil Prices Briefly Top $50 a Barrel on Russia's Syria Drama
- WSJHow Eni Discovered its Huge Zohr Gas Field
- Marco Alfieri, EniDaySaudi Arabia Gets the Upper Hand Over Shale Producers
- FortuneOil Producers Start Raiding Sovereign Wealth Funds
- BloombergPolitical Talks Under Way for Nascent Oil Export Deal
- BloombergFormer EPA Administrator: Don't Give Up on Nuclear
- Columbus BFSenator Asks Treasury to Rescind Volkswagen Taxbreaks
- Huff. PostOpposition on the Road to Germany's Energiewende
- Jeevan Vasagar, FTEPA: US Methane Emissions Fall For 3rd Straight Year
- Pamela King, E&E
Wednesday, October 7The Oil Bulls Are Gathering
- Tim Treadgold, ForbesA Key Indicator Low Oil Prices Are Lifting Demand
- Dave Forest, OilPriceHow Diesel Became the New Environmental "Evil" in Europe
- PlattsOutside Forces Shape European Energy
- David Buchan, New York TimesPresident Hillary Clinton Will Oppose Crude Oil Exports
- Robert RapierHow to Sell Republicans on a Carbon Tax
- Chris Flavelle, Bloomberg ViewWho Should Run NY's Electricity Markets?
- David Roberts, VOX3 Reasons GE's New Wind Turbine Changes Everything
- Motley FoolGlencore: Coal Market Is Even Worse Than People Thought
- BloombergClean Energy Nearly as Inexpensive as Coal & Gas
- Jon Fingas, Engadget
Tuesday, October 6Did Russia Just Take Over OPEC?
- Mark Mills, RealClearMarketsRussia and America Prep Forces for Arctic War
- David Axe, ReutersRepublicans Grill Energy Secretary on Oil Exports
- Tim Cama, The HillPutin Now Threatens U.S. Energy Supplies
- John Siciliano, DC ExaminerSolar & Wind Just Passed Another Big Milestone
- T. Randall, BloombergNew Report Rips EPA's Pebble Mine Decision
- Editorial, WSJUtilities' Newest Solar Battleground: California
- Reem Nasr, CNBCLess Hedging/Cheaper Oil = A Rocky 2016
- Collin Eaton, FuelFixJosh Fox Wants to Help Oil Workers...by Banning Fracking?
- The DCThink Coal Is Dead? This Low-Cost Hotspot Is Thriving
- Dave Forest, OPHinkley C's Claimed Benefits Evaporate Under Scrutiny
- The EcologistIs Mexico's Energy Industry Ready to Boom?
- Jamie Brick, ForbesInteractive: How the US and OPEC Drive Oil Prices
Monday, October 5Could Diesel End Up Stronger After Volkswagen Scandal?
- PlattsThorium, Molten Salt Get Complete Review
- Brian Wang, NextBigFutureOil Price Slump Saps US Students Enthusiasm For Industry
- ReutersSenators Push White House on Ethanol Mandate
- Devin Henry, The HillMyths About Shell's Alaska Pull-Out
- Yereth Rosen, Alaska DispatchIs Colorado Enviro Model Good Enough For Obama?
- Bill Murray, RCEMomentum Gains on Lifting Oil Export Ban
- Eric Lipton, New York TimesIraqi Kurds Boost Oil Sales in Drive for Independence
- BloombergUS, BP Finalize $20.8 Billion Deepwater Oil Spill Settlement
- WSJHouse Investigates Critics of Climate Skeptics
- Daily CallerNew York Increasingly Reliant on Natural Gas
- Waldman, PoliticoNYToday's Takeaway: Morning Volt: Oct. 5, 2015
Friday, October 2Why Are We So Slow to Adopt Clean Energy?
- Chris Mooney, WashPostReality Check: Solar Energy Is Not The Cheapest
- Michael Lynch, ForbesThe Real Villains Behind the VW Scandal
- David Auerbach, SlateOptics: The Face of the Fracking Boom
- Fossett/Moore, PoliticoCrude Oil Exports: Refiners versus Big Oil
- Lorne Matalon, Inside EnergyMI Wind Mandate Costs Each Family $4000
- Jack Spencer, MI CapConCan We Give Everybody Power and Still Stop Warming?
- C. Kenney, MJOil Group to Enviros: Try Living Without Fossils
- P. Richarson, PJ MediaGreenpeace: We Can Be 100% Renews by 2050
- Thom Hartman, SputnikToday's Takeaway: Morning Volt: Oct. 2, 2015
Thursday, October 1Climate Change: Facts Versus Opinions
- John Horgan, Scientific AmericanEPA to Tighten Federal Limits on Ozone
- Devin Henry, The HillSenate Panel Advances Oil Exports in Party-Line Vote
- FuelFixAlaska Facing Tough Choices Without Arctic Oil
- Nick Cunningham, OPFederal Court Blocks Obama Fracking Rules
- Jacob Pramuk, CNBCArctic Chill Hits Majors Hard
- Sarah Miller, Energy IntelligenceMexico's Gets Italian Nod as Eni Wins Oil Bid
- Adam Williams, BloombergEDF Thrilled By Potential Hinkley Nuclear Deal
- Chris Adams, FTUS-Saudi Relations: Not the Same as it Ever Was
- CFRGulf Keystone Finds 50% More Kurdish Oil Than Expected
Wednesday, September 30The Energy Election
- Joel Kotkin, RealClearPoliticsObama's Mad Dash on Ozone Rules
- William O'Keefe, Washington ExaminerWhy Our Power Grid Needs Natural Gas Now More Than Ever
- TimeExploring Iceland's Clean Energy Economy
- Laura Turner Seydel, HuffPoThe Peak Oil Story We Have Been Told Is Wrong
- Gail Tverberg, OilPrice